Saturday, July 3, 2010

Meeting of June 29, 2010 - Changeover

July dates to note
Adam has a birthday on the 11th
Greg's wife Sharon has a irthday on the 14th

This week's blog was written by Pres Pete

From the collar ……
Thanks for coming & showing your support last Tuesday night. It was definitely encouraging and certainly well deserved !

As PP Adam & I were standing there smiling & being applauded (was that for seeing the end of Adam or the start of myself ….. I guess we'll never know) Adam presented me the collar; then it hit ….. what next. By golly gosh, I certainly fumbled & stumbled my way from there. I hope that it wasn’t too obvious, as it only took about 15 seconds to almost destroy the club charter (it can only improve from here).

In our club, one must earn their Paul Harris Fellow - they are not for sale. So congratulations are in order to David Weekes on his PHF – well deserved, David.

Congratulations also to Bob Pardey. I know that Bob was not keen on the idea of toasting R.I. For the last 4 years Bob has performed this duty and certainly felt that others should step-up and rightly so; but when you are that good at it Bob, take the credit. You hit the mark spot on as always and was rightly acknowledged by DG representative PDG Ian Tooke who said that it was the best that he had ever heard and I will second that.

Whilst we are still on the good on you theme - congatulations to Daniell Ballinger for "Club Member of the Year" and Anthony Johnston for the "Stirrers Award"; both well deserved.

Speaking of PDG Ian; he suggested that should there be 100% attendance at our meetings then I should shout a round of Port. Being a Port drinker – I’m in. I love my Port fellows, so please show up.

This year's Rotary theme is Building Communities Bridging Continents. I guess that with the 3 builders in the club, that we are off to a great start. With Adam, Karl & Rob on board we could possibly manage to build a rope bridge (like the boy scouts) across the Macquarie River; not only would we keep it local but it may satisfy R.I. ….. only joking !

News / Updates
This year there will be 2 X GSE teams leaving our district. One to the Phillipines and the other to the USA. Although the teams do not leave till March, 2011; the selection for this event is in mid to late August. Should there be anybody you believe interested in this then please pass on.


Thought for the week
If each individual letter was worth 20% then the word trust would equal 100% - right? Did you know that the word trust is corroded with 80% being full of rust. Never trust again; belief being the better word.

Joke of the week
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

This week's meeting (July 6, 2010)
“open season” with the club assembly. The club has changed direction over the last say 2 years & improvements for the better can only be achieved through contributions of everyones’ thoughts. Without taking away from those years (the foundation has been set to build on), I am looking at 2 main areas that I think need promoting.
1. Working smarter not harder.
2. Professionalism within the club.
Now is the time to voice your concerns, ideas or opinions. The Bathurst Rotary Club is not mine nor yours; it is our club.

In the weeks to come...
Do we have anybody to make the schedule for the next six months?

No comments:

Post a Comment